Salmon With Basil and Tomatoes
12 Whole Cherry Tomatoes
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Whole Salmon Fillet
12 Leaves Basil
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Tear off two pieces of aluminum foil each 12 inches long. Place the pieces of foil on a work surface and coat them with olive oil spray.
- Place a salmon fillet in the center of each piece of foil. Top each fillet with 12 cherry tomato halves and 6 basil leaves. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil over each fillet, then season with salt and pepper.
- Seal a packet by bringing together the two longest edges of foil and double folding them, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Crimp the edges to make a tight seal. Double fold and crimp the remaining 2 edges to finish sealing the packet (there should be no gaps where juices can leak out). Repeat with the remaining piece of aluminium foil.
- Transfer the foil packets to a rimmed baking sheet and bake them until the salmon is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the fillets. To test for doneness, careful open a packet; when the salmon is cooked through, it will flake easily when pierced with a fork and will have turned light pink inside.
- Place the packets on serving plates and open.